Agapfukamunwa(Covid-19 face mask)

 This is one of my artworks exhibited in

TRINITY COLLECTIVE EXHIBITION  
10 December 2021
at @np_arts_kigali

Title: Agapfukamunwa

Size: 100x75cm

Medium: mixed media

Description:

The red with blue , blue is normal mask and I titled it "Agapfukamunwa" which mean mouth cover or simple facemask but this word is kind of new word in kinyarwanda language that introduced after new covid19 virus that when people started to wear the face-masks and that when new word came "Agapfukamunwa".

I was inspired by the covid-19 situation where the face mask shows this real situation of covid -19 pandemic, where face mask has been used as powerful tool used to protect people against spread of virus and history of this covid19 pandemic.

And about the colors that I used like red color have different mean like love, passion, life, death, danger, health, joy, anger.... it all expressed in this but most I wanted to mean health and white for safety but also to express the peace, freedom and hope. I got inspirational from covid-19 pandemic that we have been fighting for almost 2 years and is affecting everyone and every nation (every word corner) both economically, life of people and many more.. I want to spread message of hope and love.











No comments:

Post a Comment